Who Can Apply For Multiple Entry Temporary Resident
Temporary resident visas are for foreign nationals who wish to visit Canada for a limited period of time and intend to leave at the end of their stay. Multiple entry temporary resident visas are for foreign nationals who will need to come and go from Canada more than once within a ten-year period for stays of up to six months.
According to the Government of Canada website, citizens of some African, Asian & Middle East countries require a visa to travel to Canada
What Does Canada’s Multiple Entry TRV Provide?
The temporary resident visa allows foreign nationals to visit Canada on vacation or visit family.
In some cases you can conduct business or study at a Canadian educational institution. This depends on whether you are authorised to do so under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
Furthermore, if an educational program of study is of less than 6 months’ duration, a temporary resident may be able to complete it without a study permit. A multiple entry temporary resident visa allows a temporary resident to come and go to/from Canada for periods of up to six months, over up to ten years (or until the temporary resident’s passport expires, if this occurs first) without having to reapply each time.
Who is Eligible for the Multi Entry Temporary Resident Visa?
In order to qualify for any temporary resident visa, you must “show the officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay” as well as
- Satisfy an officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay,
- Show that you have enough money to maintain yourself and your family members in Canada and to return home,
- Not intend to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
- Be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
- Not be a risk to the security of Canada,
- Provide any additional document requested by the officer to establish your admissibility, and
- Be in good health (complete a medical examination if required).
All temporary resident visa applicants are now considered for multiple entry visas, and single entry applicants may even be granted multiple entry visas.
Canada 10 Year Multiple Entry Visa Requirements
To apply for a multiple entry temporary resident visa, you must fill out the necessary paperwork and include the required supporting documents, as well as pay for your application.
- You may also be required to undergo a medical examination and/or have your fingerprints and photograph taken.
- You must apply from outside Canada; you cannot apply upon arrival.
- If you have family members applying to visit Canada, they must complete separate application forms, though you can mail your applications together and use one payment receipt for the total payment for all the applications.