NURSE PRACTITIONER Jobs in Canada - NURSE PRACTITIONER JOBS IN Canada for Foreigners - APPLY NOW URGENT - JOB VACANCY IN CANADA
NURSE PRACTITIONER Jobs in Canada - NURSE PRACTITIONER JOBS IN Canada for Foreigners - APPLY NOW URGENT - JOB VACANCY IN CANADA As a Nurse Practitioner you earn $99,330 to $115,413 working 75 hours Bi-Weekly. Generous benefits package including an annual market adjustment allowance of $12,000 per annum and a retention allowance of up to $3000 per annum. APPLY NOW or SEE MORE PREMIUM JOBS AVAILABLE FOR YOUR AS RESIDENCE IN CANADA OR AN IMMIGRANT OR FOREIGNER IN CANADA
Salary Currency: USD
Date Posted: 2022-07-05
Posting Expiry Date: 2023-01-03
Employment Type : FULL_TIME
Hiring Organization : Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Organization URL: http://www.lwdh.on.ca/
Organization Logo: https://apply.jobvacancyincanada.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/lake-of-the-woods-hospital.jpg
Location: PostalAddress, 21 Sylvan St, Kenora, ON P9N 3W7, Canada, Kenora, Ontario, P9N 3W7, Canada
- Bachelor Degree
Experience Required: 12 Months
Earn $99,330 to $115,413 as a NURSE PRACTITIONER in Canada – APPLY NOW
Job Summary and Requirements:
Applications will be assessed on a regular basis – candidates are encouraged not to delay submitting their application as this posting can close at any time with 24-hours posted notice.
Resumes will be screened at regular intervals until the position is filled or the competition closes, whichever is earliest.
Generous benefits package including an annual market adjustment allowance of $12,000 per annum and a retention allowance of up to $3000 per annum.
Relocation may be provided.
Your role in community as a Nurse Practitioner
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP) with Community Nursing, you will provide comprehensive health care to community members in Mayo, Pelly and surrounding areas.
You have a passion to serve our rural/remote communities and blend your research, specialized nursing knowledge, experience in complex decision-making, and legislated authority to provide advanced practice primary heath care to meet the health needs of individuals and families.
As an NP in community you act as an important link between clients and health services where you seek to strike a balance between autonomous practice and a broader collaborative model of care that includes primary health care nurses, family physicians, and other allied health professionals (i.e. optometrists, dentists, etc.) Telehealth, telephone and fax are available modes to provide necessary links between and outside of community.
This Nurse Practitioner role was first piloted by Community Nursing in 2021 We are looking to establish this role permanently to ensure continuity of care for the community.
This is an excellent opportunity to have a leading role in the continued development of Nurse Practitioner practice in Yukon Territory and requires a passionate individual with a commitment to providing high quality care in a rural setting.
Benefits of Working with us as Nurse Practitioner
The Nurse Practitioner Mayo position is an unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the charm of rural/remote living in Canada’s North, while having the access to the conveniences of the city within a 5-hour drive.
As a Nurse Practitioner with Community Nursing you will form part of the communities in which you serve.
Housing in Mayo will be provided, and on-site visits to Pelly Crossing are completed over 2 days (approx.) every second week.
Hours of work fall under regular business hours where after-hours/weekend-call are not a routine part of this position – enabling you to take advantage of the many amazing outdoor recreation opportunities and events the community and surrounding areas have to offer.
Community Nursing provides fulsome orientation and training for new employees.
Your ongoing professional development may also be supported through the Yukon Government Learning & Development Fund (https://yukonnect.gov.yk.ca/employee-info/Pages/learning-development-fund.aspx) as well as the Yukon Registered Nurses Education Fund (https://yukonnurses.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=307&Itemid=279)
For more information about this position, please contact Jane Boutette, Senior Manager Clinical Practice and Programs [email protected]
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Marcia Davidson, Human Resources Consultant [email protected]
Essential Qualifications needed as a Nurse Practitioner
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
• Master of Nursing, Nursing Practitioner Family-All Ages or Adult stream.
• Eligible for registration as Nurse Practitioner with Yukon Registered Nurses Association.
• Recently applied knowledge of Nurse Practitioner theory, practices and techniques normally acquired through work experience.
• Experience working in rural/remote First Nation’s communities is an asset.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability as a Nurse Practitioner
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
• Developing strong relationships with multidisciplinary teams to influence collaborative goals.
• Ability to provide leadership as a clinical expert/resource to provide quality care and service delivery.
• Strong understanding of ethics and confidentiality in practice.
• Ability to research current literature and integrate new-evidenced based principles into nursing practice as appropriate.
• Knowledge of trauma and its relationship with substance use; ability to provide trauma-informed care.
• Ability to recognize the importance of self care.
• Ability to provide person-centred care that focuses on improving outcomes.
• Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills, with the ability to solve complex problems.
Conditions of Employment
• Current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association as a Nurse Practitioner, in good standing.
• RCMP Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector.
• TB screening.
• Class 5 Drivers License.
• Current Heart & Stroke BLS
Clients who are ill or have communicable diseases;
lab specimens and body fluids, potential needle punctures;
intoxicated, confused, or combative clients or clients with high level of emotional needs;
direct and vicarious trauma which may lead to post traumatic stress disorder;
radiation (x-rays), chemical supplies which may be caustic; driving in adverse weather and road conditions;
video display terminals for extended periods of time*
To learn more why the Yukon Government is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, please select the following link: http://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-yukon-government
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer: http://www.travelyukon.com
ICU (intensive Care Unit) Nurse
Are you looking for a dynamic nursing specialty career opportunity?
Do you like the idea of thinking on your feet in fast-paced environments?
As a RN working in the ICU Department at Lake of the Woods District Hospital (LWDH) you will be involved in the care of complex patient populations, such as those suffering from trauma, cardiac emergencies or other severe medical conditions that require treatment in a fast-paced team environment.
As an integral member of the healthcare team you will have the opportunity to handle situations with care and confidence ensuring a positive patient care journey.
Company: Lake of the Woods District Hospital
Salary: $34.24 to $49.02HOUR hourly for 18.75 hours per week
Job Type: Permanent employment & Part time
Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
Starts as soon as possible
Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
Health benefitsHealth care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
Other benefitsOn-site recreation and activities, Team building opportunities, Parking available, Wellness program
Long term benefitsGroup insurance benefits, Life insurance, Pension plan, Other benefits, Maternity and parental benefits
Financial benefitsAs per collective agreement
- Current registration with College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Graduate of recognized ICU/CCU post graduate program.
- Current Certification in BCLS and demonstrated ongoing competence through annual re-certification.
- ACLS Certification and demonstrated ongoing competence through re-certification within the past two years.
- Certification in IV Therapy with demonstrated ongoing competence.
- Demonstrated ICU/CCU experience in the past 12 months.
- Ability to function independently in the ICU/CCU and Medical/Surgical setting.
- Knowledge and experience of First Nations culture an asset.
- Reliable attendance record.
Attendant, Personal Care – Medical
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Specific Skills
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Supervise patients’ exercise routines
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Answer call signals
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Administer first aid in emergency situations
- Additional Skills
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Make beds and maintain patients’ rooms
- Work Setting
- Rehabilitation centre and special health institution
- Security and Safety
- Bondable; Child abuse registry check; Child welfare check; Criminal record check; Adult Abuse Registry;
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Manual dexterity; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling;
Work Location Information
- Urban area;
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Interpersonal awareness; Dependability; Judgement; Reliability; Organized;
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Free parking available, Learning/training paid by employer
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
As per collective agreement
How to apply
506-857-4086 extension 122 Between 08:30 AM and 04:00 PM
36 High st.
E1C 9C3 Between 08:30 AM and 03:30 PM4
CLICK HERE to see the available Nurse jobs (closes soon)