A Web Developer is responsible for the coding, design and layout of a website according to a company’s specifications. As the role takes into consideration user experience and function, a certain level of both graphic design and computer programming is necessary.
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: $28.85HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our site
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design intent
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- BS in computer science or a related field
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products
- Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Consult with clients to develop and document Website requirements
- Lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Website graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Website
- Create and optimize content for Website using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Develop Website architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web-site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Organized;
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
4838 Richard Rd SW suite 300
Important notice: This job posting was posted directly by the employer on Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.